I always wanted to be a Missionary. Now that I have four children at home, seven in Heaven, I realize that my Mission Field is my backyard and my family and I are a testimony to Life!! Here I recount my musings, my stories, thoughts, and adventures as a Mommy and as a Missionary helping to build the Culture of Life! Won't you join me?

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Life

Its been a few weeks now since I learned that my beautiful baby Claire was never to live outside the womb.  Its been just over 2 weeks since her burial, and I find that my heart is so full, and that I cannot stop pondering over this thing we call "Life."   I am all over the place with my thoughts, thinking of so many things, some sad, some happy, some bitter.....and yet I keep returning to two main themes in my ponderings.  (I should mention that I've been battling a bought of insomnia so I have had a LOT of time to ponder things when I should otherwise have been sleeping!)

The first theme I can't seem to get away from is what it truly means to be "Open to Life" and the second theme I can't seem to escape is really more of a question, "Just what does it REALLY mean to be Pro-Life?"  In between these musings I have had some profound revelations about the Communion of Saints and our Sorrowful Mother.  (September, I just learned, is the month dedicated to Our Lady of Sorrows, which seems so appropriate right now, that  I made sure to start a novena to Our Dolorous Mother to last for all of September.  One of my intentions is to pray for all those mothers and father who have ever lost a child - whether through abortion, miscarriage, stillbirth, or circumstances that arose after the child was born.)

In the next few posts I will muse and ponder these themes, but before I begin I want to once again thank those of you who have been praying for our family.  Your prayers have truly blessed us - while we are heartbroken and sad, we have felt such a showering of Grace and Peace, that I know God's Will is being accomplished, and His Will is perfect.  

Thank you and God Bless you.  





























No comments:

Post a Comment